Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Book By Its Cover, Brothers, laughing with teens, Providence, a duo, John Lewis, a week.

1. A week off. Time to work, play, get quiet in my studio.

2. Last week, Congressman John Lewis (Georgia, D) was honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Obama. It is the highest civilian honor and so well deserved.

3. So love this duo- GUSH! Garance (Dore) and Scott (Schumann, the Sartorialist) featured in NY Magazine.

4. Time with friends in Providence, RI. Great fun at the 2nd Story Theatre, some bar, and Craftland. Really the time with wonderful, talented, smart, kind, funny friends was the sweetest, most lovely element of the weekend trip.

5. How often I laugh with my teenage students. Love them.

6. I have been listening to Brothers by the Black Keys. A lot. Real good. The smokin' hot kind of goodness.

7. My good friend, Tony, brought me over to the sketchbooks featured on this great blog, Book By Its Cover. I will be making that a habit!

No comments:

Post a Comment