Friday, June 24, 2011

Metropolis, salad recipe, summer sleep, 1/66, homemade garments, Roots Manuva, Stereolab



1. Listening to in the studio: Stereolab. (This is nothing new. I have longed love listening to them while I work.) Image via SoundUnwound.


2. Somehow I convinced an adolescent boy to give a listen to Roots Manuva. He was wowed and I very much appreciate that he was open to listening to some old school hip-hop.


3. I very much admire, envy what this woman is doing: making her entire wardrobe. Besides the fact that she has exceptional tailoring skills, custom made garments fit so much more nicely and last forever. I have skirts that I made over fifteen years ago in college that I still wear.

4. Day 1/ 66 of summer vacation 2011: rejoice!

5. Summer sleeping: the whir of the fan, the cool night air. And, this morning, BONUS, no alarm.

6. A favorite summer dish: chopped miso salad. I could eat piles!


7. Metropolis magazine which always satisfies my inner secret desire to be able to design buildings, interior spaces and functional objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment