Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New markers, giving happy, a family of friends, drawing, ice coffee, mint harvest, Tomatoland


1. Last week I listened to this episode twice on Fresh Air: How Industrial Farming 'Destroyed' the tasty Tomato. Featuring Barry Estabrooks, the journalist and author of Tomatoland. Informative and shocking. My next book (which I just picked up yesterday and my husband and I are fighting over who gets to hold it, read it) just found me. (image via NPR)


2. The mint harvest in our yard. Hello mojitos!

3. Home brewed ice coffee with simple syrup, cinnamon, and a splash of cream.

4. Drawing for hours uninterrupted (only to pause to sip ice coffees).

5. A lovely visit with a family of friends.

6. Making someone feel happy.

7. A pile of new Prismacolor markers that arrived in the mail today.

No comments:

Post a Comment