Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I am a man," chai at home, the color-in dress, brown butter spice cake (pending), winter vegetable chowder, sloths, bicycle rush hour


1. This picture is in my studio: Memphis strike, 1968, by Ernest Withers. In remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. this past week, this image comes to mind. I look at this picture each day.

2. Making chai at home in my stump pot.

3. I was reminded again of this amazing artist who created a color- in dress.

4. On the list of things to make, consume this coming week: Brown butter spice cake from Heidi Swanson at 101 cookbooks.

5. A favorite soup recipe of ours that we made this week: Winter vegetable chowder from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison.

6. Sloths were my favorite childhood animal. Can you see why? They savor rest, calm, and good company. Watch the "Meet the residents of the Aviaros sloth orphanage" video.

7. Bicycle rush hour, Utrecht, the Netherlands. A beautiful sight. I so long to live in a place where this is the expectation in getting oneself around.

No comments:

Post a Comment