Sunday, January 30, 2011

Howard Zinn, warming mustard bath, The Selby, split pea soup, color scheming, Andrea Dezso, Bespoke

1. Remembering the anniversary of the death of Howard Zinn (August 24, 1922- January 27, 2010). A hero.

2. I am a religious bath taker. Almost every night. I made a batch of this warming mustard bath. Inexpensive therapy that works wonders.

3. The other day, one of my super cool students introduced me to this project site, The Selby. Right up my alley! Thanks, Brenda!

4. JMP (husband) made an enormous pot of thick, delicious, warming split pea soup that lasted us three dinner meals.

5. I am having my high school students reference this site for considering color palettes for their project. What fun! What choices!

6. With that same project, we are taking a look at the incredible tunnel books of NY artist, Andrea Dezso. Last spring, my sister and I saw her work at the amazing "Slash: Paper Under the Knife" exhibit at the Museum of Arts and Design, NY. What a fun and inspiring sister adventure that was! (I cherish those times with her.)

7. So wish that JMP and I had a chance to catch this exhibit there at MAD, too. "Bespoke: the Handbuilt Bicycle." When bicycles and art meet, we happily coexist.

1 comment: